Sunday, June 5, 2011

My favorite fashion moments from the film 'Funny Face'

So this blog is named after a musical number in one of my ALL TIME favorite musicals- Funny Face. If you haven't seen that then you haven't lived. This has got to be one of Fred Astaire's greatest films and one of Audrey Hepburn's most underrated (honestly this blows Breakfast At Tiffany's out of the water). It is also singlehandedly the reason that I fell in love with fashion. The entire film is an homage to fashion and the fashion industry and the very meaning of fashion. I would say that it is the definite predecessor to The September Issue, the prequel if you will (as it also follows the making of an important fashion issue being shot in Paris with a beautiful, if not strong willed model for the main editorial).

It is also the name sake of this blog. I named this blog after one of the numbers in the film sung by Kay Thompson and Audrey Hepburn. It can be viewed below:



And here are some of my all time favorite fashion moments from the film. Although it is honestly full of them and is worth a watch if only for that reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment