Saturday, June 4, 2011

So it's been a tough month for Blake Lively

So this month has seen Blake Lively transforming art into life as she converts the small screen exploits of Serena van ver Woodsen into true life. Specifically she seems to be retelling the Season 3 story line of Serena's European tour avec bad boy du jour (Carter Baizen), in the words of Gossip Girl herself from Episode 1 of Season 3 (Reversals of Fortune)

"as for Serena van der Woodsen, you left america a star. but after your exploits in europe you’ve come back a supernova. And yet nothing explodes without a fuse. I wonder what—or who—lit yours"

Blake also appears to be drawing inspiration from the controversial publicity promos for that season. Which seem to be ringing true- for is the publication of a child's nude photos not every parents nightmare?!
However before we embark on a discussion of 'those' photographs. Let us first consider what I believe to be Blake's first run of bad luck this summer.... her Glamour cover.
So I picked the magazine up this week and my first thought was WHAT ON EARTH DID THEY DO TO HER FACE?! Honestly Blake is a STUNNING girl, let's not downplay that fact. I'm pretty sure several godesses (and I'm not talking Charlie Sheen here- this is a classical Greek ref) must have been modeled on her but let's be honest. The girl had a nose job for a reason and I don't know what they did to her face but this is not a good look. Just the whole face is a mess and it's a pity because the pictures in the editorial are beautiful but someone at Glamour deserves a spanking. Unhappily this atrocity has been looked over (and hopefully nobody has got off the hook as a result!) because a number of nude photos purportedly of Blake surfaced. Now I say purported because that's the official line HOWEVER I have seen these photos (as I'm sure many of you have) and it look suspiciously like Blake ie. if it's not Gossip Girl had better find this girl and potentially get her to replace Blake (save some money and potentially bring some sweet sweet nudity to the show). Anyways somehow these photos also seem to be distracting people from the fact that Blake has been seen ALL over Europe with Leonardo DiCaprio.

Leonardo has previously dated Gisele Bundchen (for four years) and Bar Rafaeli (again for for years... there appears to be a bit of a pattern forming) who he only 'officially' broke up with in May.... (let's recap... it's not June). So I don't know who does Blake's PR but they have managed to gloss over the fact that these two got pretty hot and heavy and dare I say serious pretty darn quickly, some might say suspiciously quickly. However, hardly any ink has been spilled (almost none to my knowledge) on the case of Leonardo and Bar's breakup or of her opinion on this duo (it has been reported that Blake and Bar were apparently on friendly terms- although what that actually means in Hollywood is anyone's guess).

Anyways for my immediate purposes what I care about is that despite the awful cover and the nude photos (which in my opinion were not ALL that bad, she wasn't doing any weird POV sh*t a la Rhianna  after all and at least she looked good- nothing worse than a creepy nude photo *cough* Vanessa Hudgens- let's not forget to the power of two!) she has been looking AWESOME all over Europe and I would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to that. So here it to Blake and Leo and their sweet ass Euro trip, full of Louboutins, Chanel and sweet sweet ass (if the pictures are to be believed).
Put your hand up if this photo desperately makes you wish your hair could stretch and multiply!
This photo definitively proves that you can rock Louboutins and Chanel when your boyfriend is in jeans, trainers and a baseball hat... if you're Blake Lively.
 So fing adorable it's not even fair. Please let me be her in my dream ce soir!
 I feel like that's a crop top paired with a chiffon mini but I don't even mind.
I'm sorry I know I've put a lot of this outfit in but hello her trotting around ALL day in those heels like it ain't no thang! And I just don't know what I want more. Her hair, her legs, her life, her boyfriend or her bag!!!!! How adorable is that bag?!?!?!!!!!
Question: is her hair officially back to blonde?! In some of the photos it still looks slightly red but nowhere near as red as it did at the Met Gala, here it definitely looks blonde though. Straight up.
 Is that a cardigan or a man's dress shirt. I'm kind of hoping the latter.
 Bets on the fact that those brogues are Louboutin's?! I would care more but I'm distracted but her adorable pashmina, her HOT boyfriend, the purse that is now officially the love of her life and the simply fact that Leo is in a blue shirt. Why don't men rock blue ALL the time. They all look good in it. 
So here's my hair conundrum again. It's looking red. Did she dye it blonde between this and the more recent photos? Or is it just looking brassy? I'm going with she dyed it because those are some definite roots. Also love that she's wearing flats here. Reminds me that she's not superman.

No comments:

Post a Comment