Friday, October 7, 2011

My favorite looks from the McQueen Spring 2012 show


As usual Sarah Burton shows us that she has absolutely no problem injecting herself into the McQueen DNA. The dresses were clearly McQueen but now the McQueen we have come to associate with it's new, and most deserving, creative director. 

Many commentators suggested looks which they felt the Duchess of Cambridge might be spotted in. Despite her new fashionista tiara I have to admit that I don't think she's quite ready for a McQueen runway look (although I hope to be pleasantly surprised). I imagine we have a few years (or perhaps decades) until that moment. In the mean time I think we can picture her in a made to order gown with elements of the runway show in it. Certainly the feminine colors are right up her alley.... the ruffles, I'm not sure. But again, I hope to be pleasantly surprised. Having seen Kate in one sheath dress after another I wouldn't mind a ruffle or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment